You want your baby to have the best of everything and you want them to be safe at all times. That’s why you look for all of the best gear to protect them. One of the things that you might be looking for is one of the best bottle sterilizers.
These make sure that every time you make a bottle for your baby you don’t have to worry about bacteria and another buildup on the bottles you use. But choosing the right sterilizer is going to take some time, unless you get a little bit of help, like what we’re going to have right here.
List of The Top 16 Best Bottle Sterilizers in 2023
Coral UV Sanitizer and Dryer
- ☀️ 𝗗𝗢𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗛 - Effortlessly eliminate 𝟵𝟵.𝟵% of harmful germs in 10 minutes. Two UV-C lights provide double sterilization strength than regular UV sterilizer. Coral UV has undergone 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙤𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙨 lab testing to eliminate E. Coli, Salmonella, Staph and 𝗠𝗨𝗖𝗛 more !
- ☀️ 𝗕𝗨𝗜𝗟𝗧-𝗜𝗡 𝗗𝗥𝗬𝗘𝗥 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗔𝗕 𝗧𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗗 - Dries your items with a warm temperature in just 𝟰𝟬 - 𝟳𝟬 minutes, safe for plastics, glass or silicone. Independent lab testing confirms it is free from BPA, lead and phthalate. For household use only.
This bottle sanitizer works in approximately 40 to 70 minutes and both sanitizes and dries anything you want, including plush toys and brushes. It uses a UV light and actually has a switch that helps to protect children from UV light exposure, so you don’t have to worry about your little one when you turn it on. There’s also a tray that allows you to change the way that you want to add or arrange items.
- UV light sanitizer
- Drying function
- Electronic indicators
- Timed options for sanitizing and dry
- More expensive
- Can be a little large
Bellababy Bottle Sterilizers & Dryer
- BABY BOTTLE STERILIZER. The sterilizer eliminates 99.9% of bacteria, mold and the yeast that causes thrush.
- MULTI-FUNCTION BOTTLE STERILIZER AND DRYER. Easy-use operation lets you sterilize only, dry only, or combo sterilize and dry.
With this sterilizer, you can clean as many as 8 different bottles all at once, alongside the accessories that go along with them. It uses anions to sterilize the bottles and uses cyclonic air in order to dry even faster. There’s also an LCD display that lets you see how much longer there is before the bottles will be ready.
- Auto Shutoff
- Sterilize 8 bottles at once
- Uses cyclonic air drying
- The dryer can be loud
- The dryer can be unreliable
Bololo Baby Bottle Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer
- 【600W Stronger Power】----600W power stronger sterilization. The sterilization is more thorough. Other versions only have 300W power.
- 【Bigger Space】----large barrel can hold up to 12 bottles, breast pump, 9-ounce bottles.Could sterilize more baby's supplies at once
The Bololo Steam Sterilizer uses an LED touch screen to control everything and even has an auto shutoff function. It’s designed to give you the options you need to stack everything inside and can hold up to 12 bottles at the same time. There’s even HEPA filtration throughout so you can make sure that your bottles are completely clean.
- Holds 12 bottles at a time
- Sterilize and dry functions
- LED touch screen
- Quite large in size
- Takes a long time to sterilize or dry
- The screen is hard to read
Gourmia Jr. Digital Baby Bottle Sterilizers and Dryer
- STERILIZER AND DRYER: Innovative 2-in-1 bottle sterilizer and dryer equipped streamlines the sterilization process and saves you time and energy
This is a smaller unit that allows you to sterilize and dry your bottles at the same time. It uses a digital display inside as well as a stainless steel heating plate to get it up and heating. This keeps it from rusting. On top of that, you just add water and hit power to get it going, no complicated steps.
- Easy to use
- LCD screen
- Includes accessory rack
- The heating element is poorly designed
- Dryer is loud
- Timed dry is pre-set
OMORC 550W Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer
- Kills 99.9% of germs with natural steam; no chemicals required. Philips-Avent range compatible
- Sterilizes in just 6 minutes with the press of a button; progress indicator light indicates when contents are sterile; contents remain sterile for up to 24 hours when kept inside the sterilizer with the lid unopened.
This sterilizer is multifunctional and uses an auto shut-off to keep your family safer. It has a digital LCD display that lets you sterilize and dry as well as heating food and milk. It also uses more intense seam to get the job done fast and gives you a wider range of time to sterilize.
- Holds up to 6 bottles
- Food warmer as well
- 6 – 15 minute sterilizing
- The dry function doesn’t always work
- Manual is difficult to use
Munchkin Latch Microwave Sterilize Bags
- Kill up to 99.9% of common bacteria on bottles, pump parts and accessories in as little as 90 seconds. Each bag can be used 30 times and includes an easy close pull tab for easy, repeated use
- Pack of 6 reusable bags with 30 uses for each bag, bags can be marked after each use
This pack of bags will help you sterilize bottles in no time. It gives you 6 different bags and they can be used up to 180 times. That means you’re still getting a lot of use for the cost (especially since they’re so inexpensive). These bags
- 6 bags with 180 uses
- Easy latch
- Steams any plastic items
- Works on the go
- Cool touch grip corners
- The zipper is not ideal
- Slightly small for some bottles
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer
- 【Sterilize in Minutes】With mirror inner wall design, 360°sterilizing by reflecting UV light becomes more efficient. PTC drying technology provides safer, faster and more uniform drying performance. Sterilizing bottles or devices in minutes safely and effectively protect your baby's and family's health.
- 【Easy to use】Auto (sterilize+dry; 25/35/45/55/65 min; default time: 60min); Drying (20/30/40/50/60 min; default time: 40min); Sterilize (10/15/20 mins; default time:15min ); Storage (run every 2 hours for sterilizing). Designed with a smart touchscreen and an easy-to-read timer that lets you sterilize, dry, and store items with a single touch. Run the auto mode to sterilize and dry your daily essentials. Featured with child lock mode can avoid accidental touch.
With this unit, you’re going to get a sterilized bottle in just 5 minutes and you’ll be able to use it with other brands of bottles as well. It actually holds up to 5 different bottles from some of the most popular designs. It’s easy to load and includes an organizer tray to keep this where you want them. On top of this everything is completely natural.
- All-natural products
- Stays sterile 24 hours
- Holds up to 5 bottles
- Holds condensation if you keep the lid on
- Leaves a plastic smell on products
Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer
Here you get enough space for up to 8 bottles and you get auto-sensing and auto shut-off features to keep it drying and sterilizing. There’s even a descaling cycle here, to keep your sterilizer clean and ready to go the next time you need it.
- Auto-sensing unit
- Holds previous settings
- Holds up to 8 bottles
- A dry function could be better
- Required maintenance is extensive
Munchkin Steam Guard Electric Sterilizers
- Advanced Ultraviolet Sterilizers – Designed with a simple touchscreen that lets you sterilize, dry and store items with a single touch, sanitize bottles or devices in just 30 minutes while eliminating germs and bacteria.
- Multipurpose UV Sterilization – A gentle, low-heat system this is more than a bottle sterilizer. It produces UV rays that safely and effectively sterilize jewelry, remote controls, iPads or tablets, electronic devices, sunglasses and more.
This unit is actually a full set and comes with a large bucket with a carousel to hold everything in place while steaming. It can hold up to 9 bottles alongside your standard accessories all at once and it gives you heat resistant tabs to keep it locked and closed fully.
- Locking tabs
- One way latch
- Holds 9 bottles
- Sterilize in 6 minutes
- Oversized for countertops
- The machine requires more cleaning
- Anything sterilized smells after use
Baby Brezza Baby Bottle Sterilizers and Dryer Machine
- Automatically sterilizes & dries bottles, breast pump parts, pacifiers, teethers, sippy cups, toys & other accessories in 1 easy step – saving you time
- Uses natural steam to effectively sterilize, then automatically dries with your choice of 30, 45 or 60 min timer settings
The Baby Brezza definitely looks unique and it has plenty of features. It’s an electronic option that includes a drying feature and it only takes one step to get everything you need. You’ll get rid of up to 99.9% of germs and you’re going to have sterilization inside for up to 24 hours. You can use this unit to sterilize, sterilize and dry, dry or organize your bottles, pacifiers and more.
- Includes drying function
- Stays sterile for 24 hours
- Holds 6 bottles
- LCD control panel
- The lid can be difficult to attach
- Stacking items can be difficult
Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Sterilizers
- BABY BOTTLE STERILIZER; Sterilize up to six baby bottles at once, plus bottle parts, pacifiers and more!
- EASY TO OPERATE; Features easy-touch electronic controls with cycle indicators and an auto shut-off when the cycle is complete
The Dr. Brown Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer holds six bottles at the same time and includes an auto shut-off when the sterilization is complete. There’s even a tray that can be used to position your bottles properly. Able to sterilize the different parts of the bottle, the nipple, and pacifiers you’ll have everything that you need. You’ll even get a sleek design and tongs and a measuring cup that help you to get the right balance of water.
- Auto shut-off
- Holds 6 bottles
- Electric format
- Sleek design
- No dry function
- Condensation builds up in unit
- Difficult to clean
Dr. Brown’s Microwave Steam Sterilizers
- MICROWAVE STEAM. For baby bottles, bottle parts and more. Features a removable custom tray for easy cleaning.
- HOLDS MULTIPLE BABY BOTTLES. Custom-molded, fiting up to four Dr. Brown’s bottles at once, plus bottle parts.
If you’re looking for an option you can taken anywhere this microwave steamer might be a good option. It’s easy to use because all you have to do is put the bottles inside with a little water and close the lid before you put it into the microwave. It can hold up to 4 bottles at the same time and there are even tongs to make it safer to take your bottles out of the unit. It’s made entirely in the United States and it’s BPA free.
- Dishwasher safe
- Holds 4 bottles altogether
- Can be used with tap water
- Sterilizes anything you need
- Can be difficult to organize items
- Designed only for small bottles
- Slightly oversized unit
Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer
- Lightweight, compact microwave baby bottle sterilizer with heat-resistant handles
- Open-away latch prevents steam burns
This is a very fast-acting sterilizer that allows you to completely clean your bottles in as little as 2 minutes. It even works for bottles and breast pump shields, which makes it great for mothers who are breastfeeding as well as those who are bottle feeding. Easy to use in any microwave, it’s lightweight and includes heat resistant handles.
- Works in 2 minutes
- Works in standard microwaves
- Open-away latch
- Holds several bottles together
- Difficult to get the latch open
- Condensation leaks outside
- Gets very hot
Papablic Baby Bottle Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer
- COMPLETE CLEAN: Penetrating steam at a higher temperature than your dishwasher for reliable sanitization.
- 3-IN-1 DESIGN: With one twist of a dial, you can sterilize with steam, dry completely with hot air, and deodorize to clean from start to finish.
This electric sterilizer includes a drying function and has a simple knob for you to make setting decisions. It holds up to 11 bottles at the same time, so you’ll have plenty of space, and it can hold toys, pacifiers and teethers at the same time. There are sterilize, dry and deodorize options to choose from. Once you do use it to sterilize products it keeps them sterile for up to 12 hours.
- Offers deodorizing function
- Offers dry function
- Sterilizes large amounts at once
- 8-minute cycle
- Doesn’t get hot
- Short cycle
- Large overall size
Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer
- Uses natural steam to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria without chemicals
- Sterilizes baby bottles and other baby products in just 2 minutes
Made by a company that’s well known for baby products, this sterilizer is easy to use and lets you sterilize up to 4 baby bottles at the same time. It’s lightweight and easy to use and also can sterilize in as little as 2 minutes. There are even safety clips that stay cool and keep the lid secure while you’re using the unit, so everything stays sterile even longer.
- Sterilize in 2 minutes
- Stay cool clips
- Holds 4 bottles at a time
- Doesn’t dry bottles
- Only fits a couple of bottles
- Heats up microwave
Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
- Uses natural steam to sterilize baby bottles and other baby products, killing 99.9% of germs and bacteria without chemicals
- Sterilizes in just 6 minutes; then automatically shuts off for energy savings and safety
This inexpensive unit allows you to sterilize up to 6 bottles at the same time and kills as much as 99.9% of germs and bacteria. Even better, it uses pure steam in order to do it, so you don’t have any chemicals included. All it takes is 6 minutes to get the bottle fully sterilized and there’s an automatic shut-off to keep safer. The sterilizer itself even keeps bottles sterilized for up to 24 hours and you can fit just about anything you want inside.
- Auto shut-off
- Electronic design
- Sterilizes in 6 minutes
- Stays sterile 24 hours
- No dry function
- Large overall size
Buyer’s Guide Before Buying The Best Bottle Sterilizers
Let’s take a closer look at a few things you should be considering before you decide which one of these is the right one for you. We think we’ve found the best bottle sterilizers, but just in case you aren’t sure, you can use these features to make a choice.
Electric vs. Microwave
First, take a look at whether the bottle sterilizer you’re looking at is going to work by plugging it into the wall or by putting it in the microwave. Microwave options are generally going to be less expensive, but you want to be careful about anything you put in the microwave.
You could overheat the bottle or you could be releasing different rays into the bottle. Electric options are easy to fill and then you can plug it into the wall, pretty much wherever you are.
How large the sterilizer is will be important as well. You want to make sure that you have something that will hold at least a couple of bottles at a time. A smaller unit is going to be less expensive and will generally be good for a breastfeeding mother because the bottles are infrequently used.
For those who bottle-feed their babies, however, you may want a larger unit that can hold multiple bottles at a time. That way you don’t have to worry about running out of clean bottles when your baby gets hungry.
Ease of Use
You definitely want to be able to use the sterilizer you choose easily. If it has a lot of buttons, steps, and processes you’re going to skip using it or you’re going to find yourself frustrated frequently.
Take a little time to review the steps before you decide which one you’re going to get and then make sure that you get something you feel comfortable using. If it’s too complicated you could also find yourself making a mistake that doesn’t get your bottles as clean as you expect them to be.
Does the sterilizer actually dry the bottles? This is something that not all sterilizers do, but the best bottle sterilizers will. There are some that require you to remove the bottle from the unit and then dry them by hand.
Others will take care of drying out the bottle as well so it’s completely ready for you to use when you want. A unit that can dry the bottles will be slightly more expensive, but you’ll want to weigh out whether it’s a convenient option for you or whether you’re happy enough to dry out the bottles yourself.
When it comes down to it you’re going to have a number of different options for the best bottle sterilizers. We’ve narrowed it down to the top ten, but you’re going to have to take a closer look at each one and figure out which one works best for you.
What you’ll really like is that you’re going to have plenty of options and you’ll be able to find something that works for you, but make sure you’re not waiting too long to decide.
James is the owner of North. After working at Nick’s on Broadway, James moved to Red Fez and put his knowledge to the test with hot dog R&D. He assisted in the launch of Momofuku Ko in NYC In 2008. And a year later, James was part of Christina Tosi’s team for Momofuku Milk Bar as their bread baker.