So you’ve designed a cake, and you see something’s wrong. The cake isn’t that great, and it’s not perfectly level. Any solution? You can simply use a cake leveler to solve this problem. No kidding, this tool can level your problem just like that.
All you need to know is how to use a cake leveler. And that’s what we’re going to discuss today. We’ll also give you some cake-decorating tips. So, we don’t see any point in you waiting here forever. It’s time to get some lessons.
How to Use a Cake Leveler?
- READY, SET, BAKE: This Wilton adjustable cake leveler is the quick and easy way to create even cake layers, consistent in height. The sturdy adjustable blade slices smoothly through cakes, for perfect leveling and torting
- CONVENIENT: Measure the height you need on the Wilton cake leveler, starting from the feet up; position wire into notches at desired height; with plastic feet standing on work surface, cut into edge of cake using sawing motion
- Mrs. Anderson’s Adjustable Cake Cutter slices and levels batter-based cakes into even layers for creating professional-looking layer cakes at home
- "Made from stainless steel and wire; strong and durable; 13-Inches x 6.5-Inches"
- ✅ COMPLETE CAKE DECORATING TOOLS: ONLY set including everything you need to start decorating Cakes like a PRO! ✔11 Inch Turntable ✔24 Numbered & Easy to Use Icing tips ✔11 Inch Straight & Angled Icing Spatula ✔Cake leveler ✔ Pattern Chart showing the outcome of each tip ✔ E.BOOK User Guide for beginners✔3 Cake Comb Scraper set ✔2 couplers ✔30 disposable icing bags✔1 cleaning brush. Best Cake Decoration & Baking Tools Accessories and equipment
- ✅ SMOOTH REVOLVING TURNTABLE: RFAQK turntable stand revolve smoothly with hidden ball bearings and helps you easily decorate cakes for birthdays, weddings and other events. It revolves clock & anti clock wise, good for both Right & Left handers. Use RFAQK straight spatula for icing round cakes from sides and angled spatula from Top while rotating turntable. Turntable is made from non-sticky, non-toxic & dishwasher safe plastic. Ideal for beginners as well as for professionals.
- 【Large and Foldable】: Full length 20 1/2 inch, for large cakes from 6 to 16 inches; Foldable design for space-saving and safe storage.
- 【Perfect Cutting】: Easy operate like a saw to get smoother and cleaner cut, less debris falling and beautiful layers.
- 【Perfect Cutting】: Adjustable cake cutter slicer with serrated stainless blade for effortless cutting with fewer crumbs, makes it easier than ever to create perfectly smooth cake tops and layers.
- 【Precise Leveling】: Professional cake leveler has eight height guide from 1 to 3 inch which allows you to layer cake accurately. The twist-lock feet raise and lower the blade easily.
- Material: the cake slitter is made of stainless steel. It is easy to use, durable and easy to clean. It will become a good tool to make the cake get the right size and beautiful decoration.
- Size:12.5-Inches x 6.2-Inches.
- Perfect Design:Perfect for layer cakes, the cutting cake layers with 5 levels adjustable.
- Easy To Use:Press two button of slicer to clamp knife blade at same layer.Then move the blade at flat surface.
- Amount of package: one package includes 1 piece of double wire cake leveler, 1 piece of adjustable single wire cake leveler with non-slip handle and 1 piece of bread knife, 3 pieces in total, meet your most demands of cutting cake
- Size information: come with 2 different styles of cake levelers, one is 30 x 16 cm/ 11.8 x 6.3 inches, the other is 32 x 16 cm/ 12.6 x 6.3 inches, enough for you to keep the cake balance for precision decorating; The cake knife size is approx. 43 x 2.5 cm/ 16.9 x 1 inches
- 【 easy to cut 】 sharp, built in 1mm wide saw toothed, for splitting cakes evenly, smoothly, quickly and simply.
- 【 adjustable blades with scale 】 the measure SIZE range from 1 to 9 cm, with 3 adjustable wire cut saw to Give a clean cut at any required depth.
- Professional cake cutter leveler with precise scale, which allows you to layer the cake accurately. You can choose the thickness of each layer to make the thickness of the cake layer consistent, which is very suitable for making layered cake
- Easy to clean, this cake leveler uses a stainless steel cutting line to reduce cake scraps, cut more hygienic and easier to clean when cutting cakes
Initially, a cake leveler might look like an easy tool but requires sophisticated skill. Well, you’ll feel it that way until you’re giving it a shot all by yourself, and once you do, we think you’ll say it’s nothing but easy as pie.
But trying it out of the blue might lead you to a failed attempt or a result with your cake that you really don’t want. That’s why we believe it’s better if you can get the step-by-step instructions. So, are you ready for that? We guess you are!
Step One: Cooling Down the Cake
The worst idea anyone can give you about leveling a cake is telling you to do that when the cake is hot. This is the time when the cake stays at the peak of the possibility of crumbling, and we don’t think you want that to happen.
So, make sure that you’re trying to level it when it’s cold enough. Putting it in the fridge is also a great idea if you want to give it a shot. This way you’ll raise the chance of having a more successful leveling.
Step Two: Putting the Cake on a Turntable
Now take the cake and put it on the turntable. Make sure its height is not making you feel uncomfortable as the leveling has to be perfect.
One more thing! Check out if the turntable is not spinning or staying steady. Otherwise, there’s a chance that it can cause interruption when you’re trying to do your job. For better results, you can get turntables that come with a locking mechanism.
But what if you don’t have a turntable? No problem at all. Getting a cake board will be enough as a replacement. Just don’t forget to use a small amount of icing between the board and cake so that the cake can stay in place without making much of a move.
By the way, if you want to use a turntable, then its diameter has to be wide enough so that you can put the leveler on its surface. Otherwise, using the cake board is a better option.
Step Three: Adjusting the Leveler
A big part of the accurate sizing depends on this. So make sure that you’ve adjusted it in order to put it on the right level.
You’ll see there are a lot of grooves where you can set the wire. To adjust the wires, push the two ends of the leveler towards each other with a bit of force. This way, the wire will get loose, and it’ll be easier for you to slip the wire hooks in the right groove.
If you’re thinking about having a double-layered cake, then put two wires on the leveler. You can do it with on wire too, but that’ll eat up some extra time of yours. So it’s better to do it that way.
Step Four: Holding the Cake and Start Leveling
At first, place a hand of yours on the dome of the cake to ensure stability. Now place the leveler right by the side of the cake and make the wire touch the cake’s side.
Then gently push the leveler towards the cake and when you’re doing it, make the leveler move back and forth gently like a saw. Keep doing it till the leveler reaches the end of the cake.
Step Five: Removing the Top or Slice Portion
Now take the sliced top out. You don’t need to care whether it’s crumbling or not. But that’s only when you don’t need the top. In case you’re making a double-layered cake, remove the top gently and carefully.
In such cases, use a cake board to make sure it’s not falling apart. Just slip in the cake board and take the sliced part on it. Now check out if the cake has been perfectly leveled or not, though if you’ve done it as we said, there shouldn’t be any unevenness.
- EvenToast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time.
- 9” Pizza, 4 Slices of Bread - The compact toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the curved interior makes room for 9” pizzas and 4 slices of bread.
- Even Toast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time and the sleek compact design fits nicely on your counter-top, while the curved interior makes room for a 9” pizza or 4 slices of bread.
- Small Package With Big Oven Heat - Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of an oven and the natural convection circulates air for faster, even cooking
- MORE THAN 12-IN-1: 12 functions for Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Broil, Toast, etc. Explore more possibilities by saving your preferred time and temperature
- FULLY MEET FAMILY NEEDS: 2-layer even cooking, The oven’s 26 quart / 25-liter capacity 1 layer fits up to 6 slices of bread, a 12-inch pizza, or a 5lbs whole chicken
- Large countertop oven - Enough for baking a 14-inch pizza, roasting a 20-lb turkey, a family cake or a nice tenderloin and comfortably fit 24 cup muffin trays. Four rack positions. More at a time. Usable interior dimensions are 16-3/8 W x 15-7/8 D x 8-1/2 H (upper element to rack at lowest position ).
- French door designed - When the door is open, it does not occupy the space of the desktop, and the operation is more convenient.
- Precision Cooking Control: The built-in heat selector switch allows you to select numerous cooking features for Grilling, Baking, Broiling, Toasting, Steaming and Rotisserie.
- Adjustable Timer & Stay-On Feature: The oven includes a 60-Minute timer with indicator bell, plus you can extend your cook time with the Stay-On feature.
- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, broil, bake, roast, toast, warm, convection all in one appliance!
- EvenCrisp TECHNOLOGY: Advanced technology that drives air flow top down for a perfect golden finish and crispy, tender results every time!
- Stainless steel and industrial style design with 1500 watts capability and 500 DegreeF temperature range
- Precise toast shade dial, tinted glass oven door, 0.6 cu. feet
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Lauren Ojeda (Actor)
- 4 APPLIANCES IN ONE: This versatile Oster Air Fryer oven combines a convection oven, an air fryer, a toaster, and a broiler, giving you plenty of ways to make easy and delicious meals and snacks, and saving you valuable counterspace
- MAKE FRIED FAVORITES HEALTHIER: Make all of your favorite fried dishes with 99.5% less oil*, and turn vegetables into healthy, delicious, crunchy snacks Compared to 3.7L deep fryers
Cake Decorating Tips for Beginners Useful Method
If you’re done with the leveling, then clearly, it’s time to make it a piece of art. Yes, we’re talking about decorating, of course. We don’t know what design you’ve got in mind, but we can surely help you with some tips.
Tip 1: Spend on Accessories
Do you know what you need the most for making a cake beautiful? Your imagination! But what matters after that is getting the right accessories. A painter can paint with his hands too, but to touch the ceiling of perfection, he/she also needs the right set of brushes. Things are pretty much the same here too.
The first thing you need to add to your accessories list is a Pastry bag. It can be made of fabric or can be disposable too. Call it the magazine of your cream gun. The next thing you’re going to need is decorating tips, at least the basic ones. Right after that, you’ll have to lay your hands on a set of spatulas.
But if a cake is a canvas, then you’re going to need some colors to make it a painting, too, right? Well, then don’t forget to add some Food coloring to your list too.
Also, think about getting a Turntable stand. It might look like an unnecessary tool until you’re messing up your design. After all, when you’re putting the cake on a table while decorating it, clearly, you’ll have to bend too much, and that can cause you a hell of back pain.
Now, try to put together some cutters in your collection too. Make sure they’re of different shapes, sizes, and motives.
Tip 2: Don’t Underestimate the Bench Scraper
Do you want to know how to make a cake look more flawless than ever? A leveled surface of frosting with total evenness. Guess what can make that possible more than anything? Yes, a bench scraper. So, if you don’t want to miss that in your cake, too, make sure you’re giving your best to master the tool.
Tip 3: Focus on Your Piping Techniques
If you’re thinking about calling it the most important part of cake decoration, we won’t be holding you back for sure. So, try to improve that more than anything. The beautification of your cake is, to a huge extent, dependent on this alone.
You can try the YouTube tutorials to get ideas on different kinds of pipings too. But make sure that you’re gradually mastering all the pipes you’ve got in your collection.
Tip 4: Freeze Your Cake
If someone suggests you work on a warm cake, then be sure that they know nothing about decorating a cake. There’s no doubt making a cake look beautiful is a ton of work. So, it’s better to split the task into different stages, and the first one is freezing the cake.
Now the question is, for how long you should keep it in there? Well, we say it’ll be better if you can keep it that way for 3-4 days to get a good outcome. Freezing cakes are much easier to work with as they are low on chances of getting crumbled.
Moreover, leveling them too gets more accessible this way. By the way, you can do the same with buttercream as well, and it’ll stay good in that condition for a week.
Tip 5: Cooling the Cake in a Pan Is a Bad Idea!
What’s wrong with that, right? After all, you’re making the cake in a pan. So, what’s the problem if you cool it there? Well, nothing except that you won’t be able to get it out of there again.
Tip 6: Don’t Leave the Dome on the Cake
You can leave it there only when it can be a part of your design. Otherwise, don’t even think about it. That’s why leveling a cake is being so emphasized lately. All you need to do is just use the leveler or a knife to slice off the dome. Trust us; it won’t take more than a few minutes of your precious time.
- Deco Cream Whipper—a whipped cream dispenser with 2 functions: whip cream and decorate
- You can use our whipped cream dispenser to decorate cakes, pastries or desserts using freshly whipped cream in no time at all
- PROFESSIONAL CREAM WHIPPER - The right tool for light, homemade cream created with homemade ingredients, tastier and healthier than its store-bought counterpart. All that's needed is 16 oz heavy cream. A perfect replacement for flimsy piping bags and heavy-duty whipping when creating mousses, ice creams, butter, and even fluffy scrambled eggs! It is also ideal for injecting cream or custard into baked goods or infusing fruit with alcohol.
- DURABLE and FUNCTIONAL - Perfect for daily use around the kitchen as it is virtually shatterproof. Specially designed with an ergonomic body and a comfortable grip. Attractively packaged, it makes for a fabulous gift.
- COMMERCIAL GRADE - Premium craft mixture tool that is built for the food service industry, and safe for home use. Perfect for the home chef cooking top desserts with whipped cream or froth on coffee & lattes while entertaining guests! Incredible at making nitro cold brew coffee and mousse!
- STAINLESS STEEL - Fully constructed with durable, sturdy 304/18-8 food grade stainless steel, making it less reactive and retain the food color and flavor. Ideal for coffee shops, restaurants, ice cream shops and especially pastry chefs!
- Professional grade whipping - Create custom craft treats the healthy way with EurKitchen Whipped Cream Maker; Bring out the culinary chef in you - make top ice cream sundaes, rich chocolate mousses, whip coconut cream, froth latte, soda stream, and nitro cold brew coffee with this cream whipper; Easily make tasty, zero-carb keto quality sugar free whipped cream; You can even make fluffy scrambled eggs and homemade butter
- Durable and sturdy aluminium Whipped cream canister - Get the heavy duty feel with this all-aluminum canister and dispenser head of our cream whipper; Easy grip with reinforced threads, our whip dispenser is durable for daily & commercial use; Black satin premium finish of our canister keeps your whip cream maker looking new for years, and you can use the 3-styled decorating tips to give your whip cream pies, cakes, waffles and beverages a memorable, professional presentation
- 【Food Grade Aluminum】: Premium craft tool that is designed for food service, aluminum-made offers lightweight for effortless holding and anti-corrosion which is great for the last longer. Produce non-harm materials which are safe and healthy to use. 500ml capacity makes the best size for home dessert makers and professional chefs.
- 【Best Tool For Dessert and Cream Coffee】: If you are a cream coffee or dessert lover, this is perfect for cooking top desserts with whipped cream or froth on coffee & lattes while entertaining friends or families! Incredible easy at making cold brew coffee and mousse! make top ice cream sundaes, rich chocolate mousses, whip coconut cream, and froth latte with this whipped cream maker.
- ★Economy and Environmental Protection★: This is a traditional manual way, the simplest and most efficient way, with no need of electricity or batteries. (More economical than battery powered frothers and expensive electric milk frother).
- ★ Froth Milk Easily ★: Put the milk into the pitcher, place plunger inside and lid it, then please pump the handle up and down 20-30 times(within 30 seconds), until foam has desired consistency.
- 8 Gram Highest Quality European Nitrous Oxide Whipped Cream Chargers
- Each carton contains 50 Ultra Pure whip Nitrous Oxide Cartridges- 8 grams of pure nitrous oxide per cartridge
- 🍰 ADD DECADENT TOPPINGS TO YOUR CREATIONS - Make artisanal pastry crafts and elevate your presentations with our whipped cream charger. It works for both homemade and store-bought whipped creams.
- 🍰 FOR PERSONAL & COMMERCIAL USE - Our whip cream dispenser is an excellent tool for home-bakers and pastry chefs. It's a must-have in restaurants, coffee shops, ice cream parlors, and bakeries.
- Full Money Back Guarantee: superior money back guarantee and warranty to ensure your complete delight with your whipped cream dispenser
- A trusted European brand with over 15 years experience in bakeware, ICO's is the only whipped cream dispenser that has over 15 years of sales history in Europe, the USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and Israel. Trust our product's quality to our experience. Other leading Amazon sellers have only been selling this product since 2015.
- Professional cream chargers
- Exclusively for iSi cream whippers
Tip 7: Don’t Forget to Put a Barrier!
When you’re filling the cake, you definitely will push it to the edge. But this way it’ll come off of the edge and spread around the side. We don’t think you’d like it as it’ll spoil the look of your cake.
So what you can do is pipe a barrier to prevent that. But don’t do it on edge, but slightly in from it. Then when you’ll be placing the filling, you won’t have to worry about it slipping out anymore.
Tip 8: Go for Strokes Vertically While Icing
It’s kind of a common mistake among beginners that they hold the spatula horizontally while icing a cake. But to bring efficiency in that, it’s better if you can do it vertically. Try it! It works.
Tip 9: Plan Your Space
When you’re drowning yourself in imagination, it becomes tough to draw a boundary there. So, plan wisely how you’re going to utilize every part of the cake. Otherwise, incomplete designs can hurt more than a spoiled cake.
Tip 10: Don’t Use Cake Made of Cold Ingredients
Your cake is your canvas, and that’s where you’re going to turn your imagination into reality. But you better be ready to encounter an imperfect transition if all you’ve got is an imperfect cake made with cold ingredients.
You might be thinking about how cold ingredients can spoil a cake. Well, for example, when the butter that has been used is cold, there’s no chance of getting a fluffy cake, and it’ll be heavy too.
Tip 11: Not Mixing the Ingredients at Room Temperature Is a Mistake
- 5 SEALED BURNERS: High-performance gas burners which allow you to cook from a high heat for boiling or searing to a low simmer for delicate sauces, including an 18,400 BTU Burner, a 10,200 BTU Burner, two (x2) 7,500 BTU Burners, and a 5,000 BTU Burner
- TURBO TRUE EUROPEAN CONVECTION: Cook food more evenly in less time and at a lower temperature than in a standard oven; 3.8 cu. ft. capacity and 8 functions: Traditional Bake, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, High Broil, Low Broil, Pizza, Defrost, Light
- FOR SMALLER SPACES: Compact in design, but not in capacity, oven fits up to a 10 lb. turkey
- CAST IRON GRATES: Continuous cast iron grates make it easy to move heavy pots and pans between burners without lifting
- Unit Measures Width: 30" x Height: 35.875" x Depth: 29.25"
- Make healthier and delicious meals with Air Fry - Deliver all of the flavor and none of the guilt. Air Fry allows you to make healthier and delicious meals for the entire family right in your oven. The first range on the market to include Air Fry.
- Designed and Engineered in USA with 2 Years US Based Manufacture , DOUBLES the usual industry for an exceptional quality single wall oven 5 burners gas range. It is ideal for family meals with zero effort, offers you the flexibility you need to make all your favorite dishes with precision and flair versatile cooking techniques.
- Empava's recessed gas range offers you the flexibility you need to make all your favorite dishes with 4 different versatile burner size with a dual ring 17400-BTU burner, a rapid 8200-BTU burner, two semi-rapid 6900-BTU burner and auxiliary 5000-BTU burner distribute even heat for simmer, boil, stir-frying, steaming, melting or even caramelizing!
- 5 Cu. Ft. Oven Capacity
- Removable Storage Drawer
- 16,000 total BTUs in four high-performance burners
- Fully adjustable flame control for burner efficiency and optimal product life
- 5.0 Cu. Ft. Capacity
- Even Baking Technology
- ENDLESS MEAL OPPORTUNITIES: Prepare a variety of gourmet meals with this built-in 6-burner gas range with dual ovens
- 6 BURNERS: Features 2 18,000 BTU single burners, 2 12,000 BTU single burners, and 2 9,000 BTU single burners; Includes 15,000 BTU griddle
This is a mistake often beginners make, without knowing about it, of course. For reaching the desired outcome, the ingredients have to be mixed at room temperature, especially butter.
This way, it gets easier to make ingredients bond together to create a smooth-evenly incorporated batter.
Tip 12: Practice, Practice, And Practice!
Nothing can bring more perfection to your work than this. So, the more you’ll practice, the closer you’ll get to it. No matter whether it’s level, frosting, icing, or piping, the only way you can do the best is by practicing.
And don’t forget to introduce yourself to new recipes. The more you’ll try new ones, the more practice you’ll get for sure.
All the recipes in this world get better only when they are executed flawlessly—making and decorating cakes ain’t out of that list either.
If that’s what you’re planning to do, you’ll surely have to know how to use the cake leveler. Let us guess; you know that now, don’t you? After all, that’s what we were talking about so far. So, when are you planning to get started with it then? Use our cake-decorating tips for an amazing experience.