A good coffee maker can set the tone for a productive and successful day. It is a daily ritual for millions of people, and chances are someone is having a fresh cup right now. This miracle brew has been around for thousands of years, and the only way that has changed is how we make it. We now have machines that are programmed to offer a perfect cup every single time, doing the hard work of determining how much coffee and water to add. Coffee makers are indeed a blessing for everyone who likes to start their morning with a fresh cup.
As good as coffee makers might seem, there are some bad models out there. Not all models can provide consistency, as there are coffee makers that simply do not brew the same brew every single time, and this can be frustrating. Also, some models are known for breaking down more often than others.
Best Coffee Maker Reviews
For today’s list, we managed to get together 10 of the most appreciated and well-reviewed coffee makers. We are talking about coffee makers that are capable of brewing the same coffee every time, with no inconsistencies, and that does not break down prematurely. With no further ado, here are the top 10 best coffee maker reviews.
Cuisinart DCC-3200 Perfect Temp 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use. UC Cubic Feet: 1.072. MC Cubic Feet: 1.262.
Cuisinart DCC-3200 is a decent coffee maker that comes with a premium finish and great performance. It has a full brushed stainless steel finish with large buttons and a simple panel that allows the user to select the type of coffee desired, quantity, delayed start timer, or activate the self-clean feature.
The model comes with a large 14-cup carafe and a keep-warm feature. It uses commercial-style permanent filters, and it is relatively easy to clean. It is reasonably priced and well-built.
Mr. Coffee TF5 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
Mr. Coffee TF5 is a great option for the ones with a limited budget. The model is really inexpensive and quite reliable. It has a large carafe that can hold up to 4 cups and a see-trough water reservoir.
The model allows the user to pause the brewing to serve a cup while it is still running. It is reasonably easy to clean and works with just the push of a button. It does not offer all that many options when compared with other models, but for the money, it is difficult to find anything better.
Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer
- SPECIALTY COFFEE AT HOME: Bonavita’s flagship coffee maker brews a full carafe in about 6 minutes; The artisan café style brewer has a compact design and is great for coffee lovers to use in their kitchen or office
- AWARD WINNING RESULTS: Golden Cup Standard Coffee Maker is curated with features to mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method; Flat bottom filter basket leaves less mess and large showerhead creates perfect flavor for cafe quality coffee
Bonvita BV1900TS is a premium model that offers excellent coffee. Some might think of it as being too expensive but this was to be expected for such models. It is a simple model with a 1500-watt heater and a clear water tank that makes it easy to see when it needs a refill.
Its carafe is made out of stainless steel and can keep the coffee hot for a long time due to its thermal build. It has a simple on/off operation mode with no additional options, which can be a turn-off for some.
Bunn BXB Velocity Brew
- BUNN BREWS DIFFERENTLY - The BUNN Speed Brew uses an internal commercial grade stainless steel hot water tank that keeps 70oz of water always hot so you can quickly brew at the flip of a lid.
- CLASSIC SPEED BREW look with a stainless-steel faceplate and tank wrap design.
Bunn BXB Velocity Brew was made to be easy to use, affordable and well-built. The model comes with a large glass carafe and a warming plate coated in porcelain that keeps the coffee warm even after the machine is down brewing.
The model has a new spray head that maximizes flavor extraction and a stainless steel tank that ensures pure and consistent coffee every single time. Its optimal brewing temperature reaches about 200 degrees Fahrenheit. An extra bonus is the extended 3-year warranty which is much more than what other manufacturers offer.
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- FRESH FLAVOR LONGER:NO BURNT OR SCORCHED COFFEE:The coffee maker's internal warming heater keeps coffee warm and fresh for hours.It works without a carafe or heating plate so coffee won't burn or scorch.The result is fresh, tastier coffee for longer.
- QUICK,EASY DISPENSING WITHOUT THE CARAFE:This dispensing coffee maker eliminates the carafe and replaces it with fast, easy dispensing. Without a carafe, there's no breaking, no spilling,no burnt coffee flavor,and no cleaning baked-on coffee stains.
Hamilton Beach is a brand with which everyone is familiar. Their line of products rarely disappoints, and they come with more than enough features. The model has a large display with control buttons that allows the user to set how the coffee is brewed or set a delayed start timer.
The coffee maker has a large removable water tank with a simple level indicator and dishwasher-safe parts making it very easy to clean. It has a decent capacity of 12 cups, and it is completely BPA-free.
Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-cup programmable coffee maker is a great product that comes with a really low price tag. It is mostly made out of plastic parts with a large glass carafe and a simple menu. The water tank comes with a see-through level indicator, while the bottom side hosts a small display for the timer and multiple customization buttons.
Like most of their other products, the DRX5 is extremely easy to clean as the parts that get dirty as removable. The filter basket can be removed quite easily, while the machine itself can be paused to serve a cup even while it is brewing.
Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer
- Two ways to brew -- single cup or full 12-cup glass carafe or 14-oz travel mug (not included).
- Single serve side is compatible with any K-Cup pack or ground coffee.
Hamilton Beach single-serve coffee maker is one of the most appreciated products due to the consistency of each brew. Every single cup will be the same as the day before. It allows for full customization of how strong the coffee will be and it is compatible with K-Cup packs.
The model includes a large glass carafe that can keep the coffee warm with the aid of the heater mounted at the bottom of the machine. It also can brew a single cup or a full pot at the same time.
Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- FULLY AUTOMATIC COFFEE BREWER: 24-hour programmability with 1–4 cup settings, auto-off functionality (0-4 hours)
Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 is quite affordable, considering how well-built the coffee maker is. Its brew quality does not also disappoint, which is a great plus and probably the most important aspect.
Build quality is premium, without a doubt, as it has a brushed stainless steel body and a large glass carafe. The coffee maker comes with a heater plate that can keep the coffee warm and a charcoal water filter that ensures each cup is made with pure water.
Black & Decker DCM18S Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffeemaker
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
Black & Decker’s DCM18S is a great product for the price. It is one of the most affordable models on our list, yet the quality of the brew is surprisingly consistent. The model includes a stainless-steel mug that can keep the coffee warm.
In terms of features, things are fairly simple and straightforward. It has an on and off button as well as an auto-shut-off feature. The filter and filter basket are safe to be cleaned in a dishwasher.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT
- Water filtration helps remove up to 97 percent of chlorine for better tasting coffee
- Delay Brew feature lets you brew ahead of time, so you can wake up to fresh brewed coffee
The Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT is by far the most popular model on our list. It has a simple design with a large glass carafe and a heated plate that keeps the coffee warm after brewing is finished.
As for the features it offers, the model has a large yet simple display that shows the timer. It allows the user to select how strong the coffee needs to be. The Grab-A-Cup button allows the user to pause the brewing cycle in order to get a cup before the process is finished. It also comes with an auto shut-off feature and an easy-to-clean design.
Coffee makers are quite different from one another, making it difficult to choose the right model. Some coffee makers allow the user to select the strength of the brew, while others do not. At the same time, not all of them come with a heating element.
The price difference is mostly dictated by these features and the build quality. There are some models that are significantly more expensive, mainly because most of their parts are made of stainless steel, which is more expensive than plastic. Our list includes a wide selection of models from all categories, which should make it easy to find the right coffee maker based on the available budget.
James is the owner of North. After working at Nick’s on Broadway, James moved to Red Fez and put his knowledge to the test with hot dog R&D. He assisted in the launch of Momofuku Ko in NYC In 2008. And a year later, James was part of Christina Tosi’s team for Momofuku Milk Bar as their bread baker.