A good cook knows that success in the kitchen is dictated by the quality of the tools. A sharp knife can make it so much easier and fun to prepare food, while a blunt one can lead to accidents. In fact, it is much more common to get an injury due to a blunt knife rather than a sharp one. As many claims, the knife is the most important tool in the kitchen.
A good habit that chefs have is to sharpen the knife before and after using them. This keeps them sharp over longer periods of time and does not require to be replaced all that often. When it is sharp enough, a good knife should be able to cut through an onion just by pressing down the blade on it. Some might feel a bit intimidated when working with such a sharp tool, but all the great chefs keep their knives this sharp.
Best Knife Sharpener Reviews
Today we will have a look at 10 different knife sharpeners. We selected multiple models, starting from classic sharpeners to more modern ones that improve safety and offer superior results. In the end, the most important part is for the sharpener to keep the knife cutting as if it was new. To keep things short, let’s jump right to the list. Here are the top 10 best knife sharpener reviews.
LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
LINKYO electric knife sharpener is one of the more popular types of sharpeners that was made to be easy to use and completely safe. Due to its design, the blade will never be aimed at the hand, and the risk of injury is minimal.
The model has a two-stage sharpening system with an enclosed grinder that rejuvenates the blade. It is easy to clean up with a system that catches all the metal shards. The first stage will sharpen the blade, while the second stage will polish it.
AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener
- EASY TO USE KNIFE SHARPENER: This is the perfect knife sharpener for chef’s knives, paring knives, serrated knives, filet knives, cleavers – you name it. If you own a knife, you need this sharpener.
- GET A SHARP EDGE IN 10 SECONDS: A sharp blade makes it easier to get work done quickly and safely. The innovative AccuSharp Knife Sharpener lets you sharpen most blades in around ten seconds.
The AccuSharp knife sharpener has an interesting design that can be considered rather uncommon. It has a handle and a guard for the hand, while the sharpening end will need to be dragged onto the blade.
Its low price does recommend it for the ones with a limited budget. However, looking at its design, it is not the safest sharpener available. In fact, it requires a bit of care when used, as the hand can touch the blade if used wrongly.
Priority Chef Knife Sharpener for Straight and Serrated Knives
- The Professional Chef's Preferred Choice. Forget the other sharpeners. If you’re looking for a high-quality, reliable sharpening tool, this is the best system in the market today. This product will keep any straight edge steel knives constantly sharp. Your kitchen shouldn’t be without it!
- Stylish, Ergonomic Design And Durable Construction. With its 2-stage sharpening system, you can polish your blades to razor-sharpness. This product is also designed for comfort. The non-slip cushion at its bottom offers a more vibrator base while its ergonomic handle provides a comfortable, easy grip. It’s the perfect complement in most kitchens!
The Priority Chef is a great option for almost anyone who loves spending time in the kitchen. It is a simple knife sharpener with a two-stage system and a stainless steel build. The model comes with a long handle that helps keep it in place while sharpening a knife.
It has a slot that sharpens the edge of the knife, while the second one gives it a great polish. The model is fairly affordable and comes with a money-back guarantee for the ones that might not be happy with it.
Winco Sharpening Steel
- Stainless steel-Handle length measures 5 in.-Plastic handle with hanging loop-12 inch sharpening blade
- Plastic handle with hanging loop
A Winco sharpening steel is a traditional knife sharpener that everyone is familiar with. It is a simple model that is commonly seen used by chefs and on TV cooking shows. The sharpener is made entirely out of steel and measures about 12 inches, and an additional 5 inches for the handle.
Unlike the other models in our list, it does not apply a polish to the blade. Instead, it can only be used to sharpen it. On the other hand, the model is very easy to clean, and it is very affordable.
sunrise Knife Sharpener
- 𝟑 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐩 – 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨! Blunt kitchen knives? Dull cutting tools? Don’t waste time with a whetstone kit! Just 3 swipes with SunrisePro highly efficient knife blade sharpener make old knives cut like brand new - in seconds. IDEAL FOR chef’s knife, butcher knife, hunting knife, pocket knife, and more. (everything except scissors and fine toothed knives)
- 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝟐 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 – 𝐧𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝! Multi Functional multi-blade sharpening tool make knife sharpening AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3 - Simply calibrate the point, the tip and add a precision edge to your knife. Really! Try it, you’ll see, it’s THAT easy.
The sunrise knife sharpener uses a patented design that makes it rather unique. There is no other model with a similar design on the market. The greatest thing about it is the fact that it is very small and easy to use.
The model comes with only a one-stage sharpening, but it is much easier to use than a regular steel model such as the Winco. It has a small handle, and it is fairly safe as it keeps the hands away from the blade.
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- Sharpen kitchen and sport knives to a razor-sharp edge fast and economically.
- Easy 2-stage sharpening system for professional results at home on most any non-serrated blade.
The Presto 08800 EverSharp electric knife sharpener is a great model that comes with a modest price tag. It has a plastic body with a two-stage sharpening system. The blade goes through the first sharpening system and then through a polishing process.
In terms of design, the model is very easy to use, and because of its size, the hands are always away from the blade, even when holding the sharpener down.
Smith’s CCKS 2-Step Knife Sharpener
- Crossed Carbide Blades Provide Quick Edge Setting
- Crossed Ceramic Rods Provide a Razor Sharp Edge
When it comes to simplicity and straightforward design, it cannot get any easier than with Smith’s CCKS knife sharpener. The model is very small and can fit into a palm. Also, it is one of the most affordable on our list.
The sharpener has a plastic body with two crossed carbide blades and two ceramic rods. The carbide blades will sharpen the blade, while the ceramic ones will apply the polish. Due to its design, the sharpener is safe and easy to use.
PreciSharp Easy Knife Sharpener
- High quality knife sharpener: The knife sharpener consists of ABS plastic handle and blade groove made of ceramic, tungsten steel and high hardness emery. It's durable, strong, restoring the sharpness of your knife blade to new
- 4 in 1 design: The scissor slot is suitable for sharpening scissors; The coarse slot is suitable for sharpening blunt knives; The medium coarse slot is fine tunes blades for a clean polish; The fine honing slot is used to eliminate burrs on the metal blade
PreciSharp Easy Knife Sharpener is a straightforward model that has a simple design that makes it safe and efficient. It is one of the few knife sharpeners with a 3-stage sharpening system.
The model requires the knife to go through each stage 3 to 4 times in order to become sharp and properly polished. Its build quality is decent, with a large handle and stainless steel enclosure for the sharpening blades.
Harcas Knife Sharpener
- 【multi-function】- the off-road racing car can perform so many cool stunts.The car can move in all directions, can do extreme 393 degree tumbling spins and can also flip on both sides using its controller. The racing car body is built with soft but strong plastic allowing it to handle all kinds of collisions.
- 【 simple operation 】an easy to control remote controller with this 2.37GHz transmitter strength, your racing car can be maneuvered even from a far distance. Also, its strong transmitter power means no signal interference if multiple players race with you at the same time
The Hacas knife sharpener is a popular model with a simple design. It offers a two-stage sharpening system using high-quality carbide and ceramic blades. The carbide will sharpen the knife while the ceramic blades will apply an even polish across the edge of the blade.
In terms of build, the model is fairly simple, with a plastic handle and stainless steel protecting the sharpening blades. It is worth mentioning that the model is also affordable and very safe, as the hands are always away from the blade when sharpening a knife.
KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2 Stage Knife Sharpener
- KNIFE SHARPENER – KitchenIQ’s Edge Grip 2-stage sharpener features a carbide blade (coarse) sharpener for dull and damaged knives and a ceramic rod (fine) sharpener for polishing and quick touch-ups on already sharp knives.
- EDGE GRIP – The patented “V” edge grip allows you to place the sharpener on the edge of your table or countertop to prevent the tip of larger knives from dragging over and damaging the surface of your counters or knife blades.
KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip knife sharpener is one of the most popular models available due to its simple design and low price tag. The model is a two-stage knife sharpener with carbide and ceramic blade.
It is very easy to use despite its small form factor. The model works on all standard blades. It does not work and has serrated edge blades.
For the most part, there are three main types of knife sharpeners. There are the classic ones, 2 or 3-stage sharpeners, and electric knife sharpeners. All of them offer great results, but from a safety perspective, the electric ones are considered the best.
We managed to include in our list all three categories. Their prices can vary a bit, but all of them are within the affordable range.
James is the owner of North. After working at Nick’s on Broadway, James moved to Red Fez and put his knowledge to the test with hot dog R&D. He assisted in the launch of Momofuku Ko in NYC In 2008. And a year later, James was part of Christina Tosi’s team for Momofuku Milk Bar as their bread baker.